Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mediocrity or Greatness?


I was recently at another one of my marathon weekend seminars and even though I had been to this one before, there were certain things that really stuck out for me this round that I just felt I had to share.

There was a point that was made VERY clear to me.........we don't know how incredible we can be because we've never had to do ANYTHING at 100%!  In todays society, we have gotten used to just doing what we need to, to just 'get by'. I am the first to admit that I have fallen into this mediocrity/complacency trap.  For many years, I lived my life on auto-pilot and would then complain about why I didn't have the things in my life that I wanted!  Oh woe-is-me! Those of you that have read my other posts will know what word I will come up with next...........VICTIM........yeah, I did a real good job of playing one and I see people around me every day that are playing that role as well, if not better, than I ever did!  We need to decide within ourselves is 'getting by' good enough for this ONE LIFE that we've been given? Wake up people......we don't get any do-overs here!  This is it, this one life, it is what we make of it! Is a life of mediocrity OK with you????

RAISE YOUR STANDARDS! 

We need to raise our standards in how we think and treat ourselves, and in how we let others treat us!
We need to raise our standards in our relationships and friendships!
We need to raise our standards in our health!
We need to raise our standards in how we conduct ourselves!
We need to raise our standards in how we make our living!

I have finally come to the realization that there is a much bigger purpose to life that 'existing' between alarm clocks and time clocks!  There is SO much more!

There are SO many opportunities out there, and it just isn't good enough to be in the right place at the right time.  YOU have to be the RIGHT PERSON in the right place at the right time!

Now, my 'right person' may be different from your 'right person', but we each need to find within ourselves who that right person is that we were meant to be.

"It is never too late to become the person that you were meant to be!" ~Bob Reina

If you don't like the fruit that is on your Tree Of Life, it's time you took a long, hard look at your roots! We live our lives in 4 different realms, unfortunately, 3 of them most people don't pay much attention to.

Our roots are comprised of our Mental, Emotional and Spiritual realms and whatever you have going on in those 3, is what is going to show up as the fruit in your Physical realm. You want different fruit?  Then change your roots! You change your roots by raising your standards!

Now realize, this isn't going to happen over night, it is a process. I have always had a feeling that I was destined for something amazing and that I have greatness inside of me, I still have no idea what that might be, but I do know that each day I am growing closer and closer to being that person that I was meant to be and discovering what that greatness is.


No comments:

Post a Comment