Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

How's Your Blueprint?

After I posted yesterday's post, I realized that I forgot an important piece.

The important reason why we have to focus on what our state is, is because it is very powerful.  Our states affect other peoples states. If you are in a happy, positive mood, you have the power to lift the moods of those around you, but if you are in a sad or angry mood, you negatively affect other peoples moods.  That is a powerful thing to be aware of!  Yes, you will have those 'blue' moods, but the trick is to over come them. I won't pretend that is easy because it's not, but that is when it is most important to REALLY focus on radically changing your physiology. Everybody benefits in the end!

Where your state is how you are thinking and feeling from moment to moment, your BLUEPRINT is what you think and feel on a much deeper level.  These are thoughts and feelings that have been programmed into you from childhood.  We don't come into this world already knowing what we think and feel about things, we are taught (or programmed) to do this by influential people or events in our lives.  They could be parents, friends, teachers, religious leaders or siblings.  These thoughts and feelings become deeply ingrained into our subconscious to a point that we don't even realize how much they control and rule our lives. For the most point we don't question these thoughts and feelings, we just accept them as is.  BUT, when you REALLY look around your life, you can see their influence.

In today's society, it seems if you were to ask most people if they were 100% happy with everything that is in their lives, most have some aspect where there is unhappiness in their lives. When your present life conditions do not match what you think they should be or what you want them to be, it makes you unhappy and causes pain.

Pain provides 3 choices:

1. First Choice: Ignore and Blame 
Unfortunately, this is the choice that I see a lot of people take and in all honesty, it's not much of a choice.  They ignore the unhappiness and pain and just write it off as 'that's just the way it is', 'this is all that I deserve', 'I'm just meant to be this way', or they start the Blame Game!  It's easier to blame events, friends, parents, siblings, and even your SELF for everything bad that is in your life instead of taking responsibility for it and doing whatever it takes to change it. I mean, why would we want to take responsibility for the crap that we have in our lives......well, because life doesn't just happen TO you, YOU create it!!  Once we accept that fact, and stop living in the victim role, it is only then that you can truly start changing your life!

2. Second Choice: Change Your Life Conditions
I know, easier said than done, but haven't you ever heard the saying, 'anything worth having never comes easy!' Yes, it takes work, and it doesn't happen over night, it takes commitment!  This could mean changing jobs if you are not fulfilled with what you are doing, getting out of a bad relationship, cutting off certain relationships with people in your life that are abusive or just plain negative, stop doing certain activities that do not have a positive result in your life. If you are unhappy with any of the above, but are not willing to do anything about it, in my opinion, you have no right to complain, because YOU have made your choice!

3. Third Choice: Change Your (actual) Blueprint
For most people, this is the hardest, but i believe, the most important.  If you do #2, but don't deal with #3, it is easy to slip back into old habits, because that is where our comfort zone is, albeit unhappy, but it is what we know. This step takes deep reflection and being TOTALLY honest with yourself, which most people have a hard time with.  It's easy to lie to ourselves!  I have gone to 2 different seminar series that dealt with blueprints in two areas of my life that I am unhappy with. The work is hard and a LOT of emotions come up that you have to deal with.  I won't say that my blueprints in these areas are finalized in their changing yet, because it is a process, but I am WAY more aware of what I do to sabotage myself in these areas, and I won't settle for that anymore. I want more and I deserve more and so do you!!!

In my next post, I will talk more about things you can do to 'master your life'.

Leaders must first influence their own lives, they live their lives on THEIR own terms.
 Become a LEADER in YOUR LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment