Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How Did You Tip the Scale Today?

To answer the first question on your mind.........NO, I am NOT talking about the bathroom scale!  I'm talking about tipping the scale of thoughts and feelings.  As we go about our day, it is inevitable that we run into situations that provoke either positive or negative thoughts.  As positive as I try to be each day, I don't think there is a single person on this Earth that can say that 100% of their thoughts/feelings are positive! I will even venture to say that the Dalai Lama has a negative thought or two! *gasp*

I think this is one of the things that we need to grasp. You DON'T have to be positive 100% of the time, you just need to be positive 51% of the time.  In doing that, you have tipped the scale in the positive direction. Based on the Law of Attraction, what we give, we receive.  So, if we are positive and feel good 51% of the time, we tip the scale in that direction thereby causing more things for us to be positive and feel good about to happen. Everything is magnetic, so when something good comes to you, it will magnetically attract more good things.  The unfortunate part is that it also works in the other direction.  Have you ever gotten up late, feeling stressed, you rush around and end up stubbing your toe. Then you get in the car and get stuck in all the construction traffic, hit a pot hole and spill your scalding hot Starbucks in your lap?

To change your life, all you have to do is TIP THE SCALE.  Once you get to the tipping point of giving more love than negativity, the loves comes back to you and multiplies itself.  As you begin each day, whether you slept in or not, take a moment to think about all the blessings in your life.  This will start your day with happy feelings.  As you go about your day, find more things to be happy and grateful for.  Smile at someone as you walk down the street.  Give a stranger a compliment as you wait in that coffee lineup. Say Thank You! Look around you and marvel in the beauty of nature or architecture, or whatever it is that surrounds you.  Happy thoughts and feelings do multiply and you will find more and more things coming to you that will make you feel happy!  Find it in simple things.  For instance, today was my weekly chiropractic session.  The last couple times I have parked my car there, I have noticed this bright red VW Bug that has colourful daisies painted all over it. It's not advertising for a business, it's just the way it is.  That is the only time I ever see that Bug, and every time I see it, I cannot help but get a huge smile on my face.  I have no idea who owns it or why it is there at my appointment time, but I am so grateful for that person. Here's a car in my favourite colour, covered in my favourite flower showing up on a day when I am usually not feeling my best, to give me the biggest smile. Thank you!

If you're not someone who naturally is a positive person, just doing it 51% of the time is not too much to ask.  One day of good feelings not only changes your day, but it also changes your tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that and so on.  Provided YOU maintain the momentum.  When something happens to make you feel negative, recognize your feelings, say 'thank you for sharing' and tip the scale back to the positive side by thinking of something that makes you feel good. As you continue to keep the scale tipped in the positive direction, your feelings continue to multiply, and day by day your life can't help but get better and better.

So many people do not live in the moment.  Our heads are always focusing on what's going to happen in the future.  Yet it is how we live today that will directly affect our future. Each day is a new opportunity for a new life, because each day you are standing on the tipping point.  Which direction are you going to choose to tip it?

"It is thus that you may lead a charmed life and
be forever protected from all harm; it is thus you 
may become a positive force whereby conditions 
of opulence and harmony may be attracted to you" 
~Charles Haanel (1866-1949)~

No comments:

Post a Comment